Thank you for staying at Benbow Historic Inn! Please review theses policies before staying at our hotel. If you have any questions, please call or email us.
Smoke & Vape Free Policy
We do not allow smoking or vaping indoors, on patios, or any other spaces on hotel property besides the designated smoking gazebo.
The designated smoking gazebo is located in the front southwest corner of the property.
Check-in & Check-out Policy
Check-in time is at 3:00 pm. Check-out time is at 12:00 pm (noon).
Regarding Late Check-Outs
At Benbow we value providing a wonderful experience to all of our guests. Our check-out time is 12pm to provide our guests the time to leisurely dine and enjoy the grounds before leaving; however, we do understand that sometimes you may need a little extra time. In these cases please speak with the front desk staff by dialing 0 or stopping by the desk to request a late check-out.
There is limited availability for late check-outs, and courtesy extensions will only be until 1pm when available. Any registered guests that have not vacated their room at 1pm will be subject to a late check-out fee. The fee will be determined as half of that room’s best rate for the day with taxes and fees.
Event Space Use Policies
If you’re hosting an event with us, please be aware of the following:
- All Decorations must be approved by the Benbow Historic Inn staff.
- No tape, nails or staples can be used on building surfaces. Wire, Floral wire, non-stick tape are allowed. Hanging from cup hooks is mandatory. No tape of any kind is allowed on the wood floors.
- Candles may only be used cautiously in the fireplace hearth area and on tables or other stable surface areas. Candles must be stationary and enclosed in non-flammable containers such as votives or glass vases. Battery operated tea lights are recommended. Removal of any wax on the wood floor or from the stone fireplace hearth/floor will be considered excessive cleaning and a charge will be deducted from the cleaning/damage deposit at a minimum of $100. An additional $100 per hour fee will be charged if the removal and cleaning of the affected area/areas is extensive.
- No rice, confetti, birdseed, potpourri, glitter or any substance of that nature.
- No fireworks are allowed on property, inside or out, to include sparklers.
- No additional lighting fixtures or lights are allowed on the property unless first approved by Benbow Historic Inn.
- It is understood and agreed that should your group fail to adhere to all rules, policies and conform to the proper use of the building, the Benbow Historic Inn may, at its discretion, terminate this agreement and require the renting parties to vacate the building (during the event if necessary), forfeiting any and all fees and monies.
Pet & Service Animal Policy
As part of our dedication to provide the highest level of service to all of our guests, The Benbow Historic Inn welcomes pets staying with their owners, pending availability of pet designated rooms. Please be sure to discuss bringing your pet with a front desk agent when making a reservation.
Up to two (2) pets are allowed in our pet designated rooms, which are located in the Terrace Building with easy access to the outside. The Benbow Historic Inn charges a $30 pet fee per visit.
To ensure the comfort and safety of all of our guests and staff, we have developed these guidelines for pet etiquette:
- Pet owners agree to not leave any pet unattended on Benbow property unless during a preset dinner reservation or during breakfast or lunch. If a pet is left unattended during such a time the pet owner agrees to keep the pet in a carrier in their guest room or in their vehicle during their absence.
- Pet owners agree to promptly address any complaints made by fellow guests or Benbow staff regarding noise or any other such disturbance that may be caused by a pet. A $100 fee may be incurred for each continued disturbance reported by any guest or staff member. A pet that becomes overly disruptive or in any way aggressive toward another guest or staff member must be immediately removed with no refund if the room must be vacated upon request of the Benbow Historic Inn.
- Pet owners agree to keep pets off of all furniture unless a pet throw is covering the specific piece. Pet owners also agree to immediately inform Benbow staff of any “accidents” that a pet may have so that extra cleaning efforts may be promptly provided.
- Pets are not allowed in any indoor public areas, or areas such as the back terrace, gardens, lawns, pool or any other spaces deemed by the Benbow Historic Inn staff. However, quiet and well behaved pets on leashes may sit on the front patio of the hotel out of the way of guest entrance areas. Any pets causing disturbances are subject to revocation of this courtesy.
- Pet owners agree to keep their pet on a leash or in a carrier at all times in any designated public area.
- Pet owners must remove their pet from their guest room during any housekeeping services or they may place their privacy sign on the door handle to indicate that service will not be needed. Pet owners may call the front desk to arrange a convenient time for housekeeping to service the room or to request any items if service will not be required.
- Pet owners accept full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) for personal injury or property damage that may result from the pet. Pet owner agrees to make reimbursement for such damages on demand. A $250 deep cleaning fee may be incurred for any deep cleaning that may be required, or any pet waste that may be found by housekeeping staff.
- Pet owners agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Benbow Historic Inn, its owners, agents and employees from any and all liability, claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) arising out of or relating to any claim for personal injury or property damage caused by the pet.
Regarding Service Animals
As part of our dedication to making The Benbow Historic Inn inclusive to all, we welcome service dogs, not emotional support animals, to use all public spaces with their owners freely, as long as they are well behaved and on a leash.